Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Friday, September 26

Dress Garland

The whole banner

Close-up of the fibers

One of the latest challenges over at PID (http://www.paperimagerydesigns.com/) was to use a dress pattern 5 times to make a banner or garland. This was very girly and outside the box for me. I do, however, really like how it turned out. I did overlapping packing tape transfers on the front of my dresses.First I picked up cut out Molly which I then placed onto a vintagedictionary. I also did tapes of just the dictionary pages. Into thewater, rub off the papers. I put down the Molly tapes in the center.The other I split in half and used one on each side and burnished them down. Everything is embellished in gold leafing pen and gold glittery rick rack at the hem. It spells out D-R-E-A-M when it is strung. The butterfly wings, which are my fave part, are printed on vellum. For the stringing I crocheted 3 homespun yarns and 3 eyelash fibers together. To attach the dress I used loop brads and more fibers. Each dress is approximately 4 x 5 inches. I was going to mingle it out, but I'm thinking it's destined for my Etsy shop instead. Shelly




2 comments:

Diann said...

Your dress garland is absolutely wonderful! I love what you did with this challenge!

Dragonlady said...

I so love your dresses and love how you have used the fibers to hang them too..your transfers look so good.....and you aren't going to mingle this banner?.....boohoo
lol
Brenda

i am almost finished with mine..