Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Thursday, August 21

One down...two to go - Kitty Bed















I've been wanting to make a crocheted kitty bed for awhile now. Finally found some directions that suited me: http://www.freepatterns.com/search.html?criteria=pet+bed&mode=list.

The first one is FAR from perfect, but it was a learning process. I think the girls will like them this winter when the family room gets cold.
Now I only have 2, maybe 3 more to go!! This one was done with yarn I had on hand from an afghan project that never materialized!! Yeah, I know.....but we have a new house now and a new color scheme!! :::smiles::: I'll probably end of making 3 new ones in better colors and with a bit better technique on my part.
It's a great travel project.....I take it in the car and to the beach. Once you get going, you don't even need the pattern, just your hook and 3 skeins of yarn. I discovered (imagine that) it's MUCH easier to work on AWAY from home!! I have 3 too many helpers here. Anywho, here's Miss Jinx checking it out. Shelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelly....I do love that kitty bed!!! I was just thinking yesterday I need to make Princess a little spot in my ART Studio as she feels she MUST be in whatever room I'm in!!! You did a super job on this!!!! Seems to me she's claimed that one!!
Penny

Chrystal S said...

What a wonderful idea! Wish my cats liked cat beds... :)