Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Tuesday, March 24

Sunshine, Flowers, Birds, Breezes.....Think "Halloween"??

Yep, you heard that right. Outside in South Georgia it's another lovely SPRING day. There's a gentle breeze, warm sun, birds are singing, squirrels are squirreling, the dogwoods and azaleas are blooming.......and I'm supposed to be thinking about Halloween!! Why you ask?? Well, my ART group is being showcased in Stamp & Scrap magazine!! http://www.scottpublications.com/ssa/ Woo Hoo.



So, we are to all make some ART to submit along with the article. But here's the kicker....it's for the October Issue!! LOL I don't even own any Halloween stamps any more. I sold so many of my stamps before we moved. And the deadline is quick so I really don't have time to order any either. Most of my current ARTwork is not stamped, or at least not the main focus. So, what's a girl to do?? Improvise of course. I have 3 projects in mind.......one is finished. I did put out a call to my old ART group in Illinois to mail me some stamped images, which they ever so sweetly did!! I plan to make an Iris Folded something and also a Puzzle Cube. For now, I made a Paperweight. They are very cool. You cut your picture or ART to fit and pop on the glass top.....voila.....instant ART paperweight. You can find them at http://www.dollartree.com/.

I used a haunted ATC background image and my fave gal Jenna from Paper Imagery Designs. http://www.paperimagerydesigns.com/. Her hat is actually a stamp I had that I used on black paper and then cut out. I added highlights to her hat with my always fave Clear Stardust Gel Pen by Sakura. http://www.sakuraofamerica.com/Pen-Glitter. The spider was embellished with a black glaze gel pen. The letters for "SPELL" were made using a Dymo labeler and then punched out with a paper punch. And I completed it with the addition of mini black rick-rack around the edges.

On the flip side I made a mini collage of stamped Halloween Images, signed it and then sealed it with a generous layer of Diamond Glaze, http://www.diamondglaze.com/ which btw, took 3 DAYS to dry!! LOL The edges are covered in baby black rick-rack and some antique silver glitter. Enjoy!!

3 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

Yay, so glad to see someone else is thinking Halloween this time of year! I'm not the only crazy in the farm. Ha ha ha! ;0
xx,
Autumn

Chrystal S said...

Lovely Halloween Art! You did a great job! :)

Mel♥ said...

Awesome!!!

Mel