Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Wednesday, March 11

Now for some ART....

.....I am currently participating in a Magic Wand mingle. Here is my finished wand, currently zipping along on it's way to the West Coast. I named it "Starry, Starry Wand".



I started with a star shaped photo holder, added a copper tubing handle and sprayed it silver. I added crystal beaded dangles in each star and then the stems are all beaded in glass beads on wires. I added 2 kinds of Christmas Icicles for some flair and wrapped the handle in holographic silver star ribbon. It was further embellished with silver die-cut words and sheer white ribbon. The end of the tube is filled with a faceted cubic zirconium. All in all I like how it turned out.

Also I am participating in an Easter Egg Garland swap. I had to make 20 eggs and will receive 20 in return that I can string as a garland. Here are my take on the eggs!! I cut out the egg shapes from cardstock. I layered and trimmed varied widths of print papers, added rick-rack and ribbons, pounded in some eyelets, added some rimmed vellum tags and silk flowers and finished up with some glitter. Not my usual style or palette but I think they work for the intended outcome!! :::Smiles:::



No comments: