Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Tuesday, December 9

12 Days of Christmas - Day 9

Today is Day #9 and it is mine!! Yippee!! I can't wait to hear what the gals think of my gifties!! I totally LOVE how the packaging's came together in the end!! But then, I LOVE snowmen and have quite a collection (which seems a bit strange now that I live in Georgia LOL).

So, here again are the gift pouches I made. I made them by ironing freezer paper to snowmen napkins. The pouch is the pull treat pattern from http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/. The project lin is here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/pull_treats/ You don't untie it to open it, you just pull on the bow and it "magically" brings out your treat!! Pretty cool!! They are embellished with blue candy canes I found (who knew??), satin ribbon, and these nifty linking metallic sequiney snowflakes that were actually a linked garland. I thought they made cool tags!!
My gifties are bamboo tile necklaces made with gel transfers. This is a technique I truly love. I learned from a dear Friend and fellow 12 days participant Angie Haviland. Her awesome work and bamboo tile tutorial can be found at her blog here: http://angiehallhaviland.typepad.com/angiesartfulllife/
"Jenny Kissed Me"

"Latitude"

"As it should be"

"Sisterspeak"
My tiles are strung on waxed black linen cording and embellished with various beads and charms. Each is unique. They are then packaged onto vintage playing cards for gifting!! Here are a couple of my faves. I also have some that are available for purchase in my Etsy shop http://www.shellyraewood.etsy.com/. As always, custom orders are always appreciated. :::Smiles:::

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable Shelly!! Looks like you are all having a ball with your 12 days of Christmas gifts!!! How cool!!!
Penny Duncan

Elena said...

Shelly Rae!!! I have one of your beautiful snowman packages but today is WANDA'S day!!! LOL!!!