Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Monday, March 15

Alice in Wonderland charm swap

I was so excited to find this wonderful Alice in Wonderland charm swap. I was the lucky last participant to get signed up. So, I played with a few ideas in my rambling mind and decided on my plan. I had these awesome Alice graphics from one of my fave Etsy suppliers. Because I do not have a Laser Printer (yet!!) I needed a way to print them so that they were stable. I found some printable shrink plastic and went to town. The first graphics I chose are great Alice images in brown jug/bottles. Yep, printed them, cut them out, punched the holes and shrunk them. They were darker than I would have liked but otherwise looked awesome. Well, not so much really. The little handles kept breaking off. The glaze I put on top made them blurry. They were a total bust!! Ugh!! Okay, try #2. Printed some different Alice graphics on the shrink plastic. These were lighter from the beginning. I used a Paper Shapers Oval punch for them. I added some beads and a wire wrapped loop to finished them off. These I am happy with. To package them up in a fun way I used mini playing cards and tiny blue bows. I cannot wait to see the 24 charms I will be getting back. I will definitely be making myself a unique piece of jewelery with these!! Anywho....just sharing!!




6 comments:

Elaine Akers said...

Shelly..the Alice charms are great!
I love Alice in Wonderland artwork.

Angie Hall Haviland said...

OH Shelly!!! Love how your Alice Charms came out....LOVE that image!!

Tammy D said...

Love it. So cool.

Anonymous said...

Shelly I think your charm turned out GREAT!!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Awesome Shelly, Love how you displayed these on cards! so clever!

bloubell said...

Love your sweet little charms, some lucky person will get them.thanks for the comment on the mosaics.