Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Monday, January 18

LOVE altered book for the Lottery

As I posted last week, I had 2 LOVE Lottery pieces to finish. This is the 2nd!! It is an altered, LOVE 6 panel accordion style brown paper book. You can buy them from Oriental Trading. Each album has six 5" x 5" panels.

I mixed up a custom paint made from Red Metallic Folk ART and Wicker White paint for the base coat, both sides and let it dry.

I took 3 sea sponges, added in some red metallic, silver metallic, and lighter pink and sponged painted a top coat onto the book and again, let dry.
Close-up of the painting:
To embellish the book I cut LOVE phrases from this sheet of scrapbook paper from DCWV, Valentines Words and then layered them and ran them through the Xyron Sticker Maker.



All other images were cut with my WONDERFUL new Cricut Cartridge, "Love Struck." I knew I would like this, but it is WAY better than I imagined!! :) I LOVE everything it can cut!!




Some of the hearts were stamped with a Versamark pad, some were glittered. I used 2 colors of vintage ric-rac. The images were from a friend.
Hope you enjoy the journey through my book of LOVE.


Front Cover


Back Cover


Pages 1 & 2 (click to enlarge)


Pages 3 & 4 (click to enlarge)



Pages 5 & 6 (click to enlarge)


The whole open book.

7 comments:

Angie Hall Haviland said...

OH MY GOSH, SHELLY!!!! That is GORGEOUS!!! WOW

Diann said...

This is just as lovely as can be!
Great job on this! Diann

Artbybdell said...

This is fantastic Shelly

Anonymous said...

Shelly it is so pretty!!!! You can tell you had fun with your Cricut!!! Gorgeous piece!!!!

Anonymous said...

Very lovely little book...and thanks for all the how-to information...just sweet!

Julie Ann said...

Shelly- that book is SO COOL!! I love all the different pages!

Paula said...

It's beautiful! I love that you gave step by step snapshots of how you did it. Mixed media art intrigues me and you may have given me the hope that I can do some as well~!