Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Thursday, November 26

"CHRISTMAS" letters skinny book mingle


This is my first skinny book and I am loving the dimensions (3 x 6). We were to make 9 skinny pages, with each containing one letter of "CHRISTMAS." The hostess will then swap them back out to us and we can bind them as we wish. I knew immediately the background papers I wanted to use from my new DCWV Christmas stack. I just wasn't sure of the image. After several trial and errors I found this great Santa Jumping Jack Puppet pattern.


So, here's the how-to on my pages:

  • I cut the bases from cereal boxes and adhered the papers to the front and edged them with Stazon ink pads.
  • On the back I used glue lines on the edge to stick down the vintage trim.
  • I then adhered the slightly smaller papers to the back, stamped some black swirls and added the "be merry" greeting.
  • After printing and cutting out the Santa puppets I ran them through the Xyron sticker maker. I can't imagine what I would do without that little guy!!
  • I assembled the puppets and added them to the front.
  • I also added some glitter shapes for some sparkle.
  • The letters were cut using my Alphalicious Cart.
  • Before stacking the letters I ran the top stack back through the Xyron so the tops were adhesive as well. I them applied coordinating glitter.
  • Then the letters were adhered to the pages.


I must confess I am very happy with how they turned out. :)

8 comments:

Angie Hall Haviland said...

FABULOUS pages, Shelly!!

Carol's Crafts said...

Shelly, your skinny book pages are beautiful. I know you are looking
forward to the swap. I can't wait to
see what you get, either.

Robin said...

What beautiful skinny pages!

Anonymous said...

Stunning. Thank you fo sharing.

Tammy D said...

Awesome job, Shelley Rae!

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelly your Skinney pages look awesome girl!!! GREAT job

Diann said...

Your skinny book pages are wonderful, Shelly! This will be an awesome exchange!

SewPaperPaint said...

Just adore this page!!! Please e-mail me that Santa. I so need him! Wonderful pages for this swap, love the trim.
~ Autumn Clark :)