This is my first skinny book and I am loving the dimensions (3 x 6). We were to make 9 skinny pages, with each containing one letter of "CHRISTMAS." The hostess will then swap them back out to us and we can bind them as we wish. I knew immediately the background papers I wanted to use from my new DCWV Christmas stack. I just wasn't sure of the image. After several trial and errors I found this great Santa Jumping Jack Puppet pattern.
- I cut the bases from cereal boxes and adhered the papers to the front and edged them with Stazon ink pads.
- On the back I used glue lines on the edge to stick down the vintage trim.
- I then adhered the slightly smaller papers to the back, stamped some black swirls and added the "be merry" greeting.
- After printing and cutting out the Santa puppets I ran them through the Xyron sticker maker. I can't imagine what I would do without that little guy!!
- I assembled the puppets and added them to the front.
- I also added some glitter shapes for some sparkle.
- The letters were cut using my Alphalicious Cart.
- Before stacking the letters I ran the top stack back through the Xyron so the tops were adhesive as well. I them applied coordinating glitter.
- Then the letters were adhered to the pages.