Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Thursday, October 16

Where oh Where has the ART gone??


Pic of the week.....I put the lid to the kitchen garbage can on the counter prior to cleaning it. My darling, "Her Royal Majesty Princess Pookie", decided it was a perfect place for her to hide!! LOL


In case you were wondering....I haven' t skipped town. There really is still ART being made, albeit slowly. I'm working on some things I'll be announcing soon!! :::Smiles::: Some news, some big ideas, some tutorials and more.....stay tuned.

I've been busy working on things for my store, finishing up swap commitments and the usual housework. DH is having a crazy busy and stressful week and Son has had class all week and now works the rest of the weekend. So, it's been good/bad. Lots of time for me to play....but sometimes that translates into wandering time for me. I have SO MANY things to do I tend to float back and forth instead of focusing!!

You know.....Okay, I'm going to finish up this card for a swap.....now, where's my glue? Oh look, there's that new glitter I bought. I wonder how that would look if I embossed this paper and then used the glitter? Hmmm....now, oh there's a brass stencil I haven' used for awhile. Oh look, I'm out of wax paper....(heads to the kitchen)....gets out the wax paper, sees Pookie who wants a kitty treat. Oh, I have to put the clothes in the dryer. Looks at the freezer, hmmmm I should take out the chicken for tomorrow night's dinner. Realizes that maybe jello would be good for lunch tomorrow...stops and makes that and puts it in the frig. (Walks back to studio without the wax paper through the dining room) and thinks I should go get the mail. Goes out to the mailbox, realizes the plants need water - waters them, gets the mail. Now, oh lookie, a swap came......it's a JAM I need to go work on my part and oh lookie a swap I have to post a thank you for. Oh there's the swap list for October....better print that out and package them up. Realizes I'm thirsty and hungry....grabs a Coke Zero and a brownie. Now, back to my part of the JAM......realizes I need some text.....come back to the printer. While waiting for Print Master to load I read my email. Oh I haven't checked my blog lists today.....start reading blogs. Find 34 new techniques to try and print out the directions. Suddenly remember it's Mom's birthday today and I haven't sent her an e-card yet. Find card....and send. Suddenly remember that I'm supposed to be making a card for a swap. Go back to the studio and realize all the playing I did has made a mess. Put everything away so I can start fresh. While putting away the brass stencil remember the wax paper on the kitchen counter. Go back to retrieve and remember that the clothes are probably ready to be folded. Sit on the couch to fold the clothes and turn on Food network or HGTV. 30 minutes later put away the clothes.....head back to the studio. Decide I'm not in the mood to make a card. Decide to make some transfers to use tomorrow. Answer the ringing cell phone....It's DH. He's telling me he's on his way home. Why?? I think. Oh look....it's 4 o'clock. So, he says....what ART have you made today!! Argh!! :::hitting head on the counter::: Yeah.....THIS is my problem!! Shelly Oh look......something shiny......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelly I really enjoy reading your blog and I try and read it every day. Your picture of your cat is just sooo cute. The rest of the story sure sounds like me only I walk in circles. lol