Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Friday, October 17

Anyone lost their marbles?? I found some.....






....and being the good ARTist......I blinged them up!! :::smiles::: There are flat backed glass marbles that will be either magnets or pushpins. They are all for sale in my Etsy store. I've been working on some Christmas Gifts and am beginning the listing process. If you want to see them, they are here: www.shellyraewood.etsy.com. I had fun with these. I have more fun little gifties coming soon. I'm currently working on some altered Poker Chip Pendants!!


They are very simple to make:

1) Choose your image. For the Da Vinci's I used a large image that more than fit my stone. For the others, I cut the person image out and glued it, using my xyron, to my background paper.


2) Place a small amount of Diamond Glaze on the flat back side of the stone.


3) Place the stone on top of your image.....hold in place for a moment while it begins to set up or it WILL slide.


4) Let dry.....preferably overnight.


5) Take your scissors and closely trim the paper from the stones.


6) Optional: I colored the back of my stones with either Black Sharpie or Gold Leafing Pens for a more finished look.


7) Attach either magnet or Thumb Tack to back of stone using E6000 adhesive....allow to dry.


Any questions....you know what to do!! Enjoy!!






2 comments:

Mel♥ said...

Shelly these are fabulous!!!

Chrystal S said...

Beautiful! As always! :)