Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Tuesday, December 28

Valentine's Day ART....

Woot! Woot! My fave ART holiday is on it's way. The new swaps for one of my ART groups were just posted and I have completed 3 of the 5 so far. I still have an easel card and a cupcake recipe card to finish.

First up is a Tag that must feature the word "love" on it. Okay, I have tons of love stamps. So, I grabbed a fave pink paper and a fave image and began to build from there.

LOVE Tag front

LOVE Tag back
LOVE Tag close-up

LOVE Tag front
Next up was an altered Cabinet Card. I really like making these. Back in June I made 3 patriotic ones. I knew that I wanted a wedding pic since it was for Valentine's Day. I placed the image on a BINGO card and replaced the letters with LOVE and a heart. I made a heart background from a vintage hymnal and outlined it with white buttons. I added my 2 fave trims: glitter and baby rick rack. It still needed "something." I was standing there gazing at my embellishment jars when I saw "THE" perfect thing. I have a jar of little gold interlocking wedding rings. I added them with some Diamond Glaze and she is finished. I LOVE how it turned out! :)
Altered Cabinet Card

Altered Cabinet Card

Finally we were to make 3 "Kissing Dangles". I had never heard of them but that's never stopped me before. I did mine a bit differently (yeah, like that's a surprise). I used copper wire with my beads and made the dangles longer. I used coordinating images for each and layered their papers and added in some glitter (GASP!).I can see where I would change things up next time, but not too bad for a first attempt.

Kissing Dangle

Kissing Dangles

Kissing Dangles

Kissing Dangle

Kissing Dangle

Kissing Dangle

Kissing Dangle

Kissing Dangle


Kissing Dangles - Bad pic I know bu you can "see" all of them! :)
I'm hoping to find some more ART to swap for Valentine's Day! If you're interested....give me a holler! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow these are absolutely fabulous... I can't wait to do mine...

Alicia B said...

Awesome Job Shelly!!! *Hugs*

Diann said...

Wow...great fantastic job and thanks for sharing all your fun ART! Diann

Kerry said...

Shelly - everything is fabulous but I especially love the tags - absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to start on mine. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Great Valentine art Shelly! It's one of my favorite holidays too.
Susan

SewPaperPaint said...

These are so beautiful, Shelly. You are really on the ball!

Elaine Akers said...

All of your Valentine swap pieces are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.