Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Wednesday, October 21

2 dozen Christmas Cards from 3 sheets of scrapbook paper

Impossible you say?? Nope. I beg to differ. Today I will show you how I turned 3 printed Scrapbook papers, some cardstock, a bit of adhesive, a handful of rubber stamps and a Versamark and Jet Black Stazon ink pads into 24 Christmas Cards, size 6 x 4 1/4 inches. I began with 3 coordinated papers from this stack from Joann's.

Since I am sharing so many pics I left them at medium size. Please click on them to view larger!!


Here are the 3 sheets I choose. It is important to choose papers with lots of focal images and stripes.




First thing I did was cut each paper into segments and sections and set aside.




I designed them to fit in these ready made envies from Walmart. While I simply adore handmade envies, due to the sheer number of cards I will need for this Christmas I will be jazzing these up with some rubber stamping instead.

I grabbed some coordinating cardstock and made up the cards. To give them a bit of pizazz, I used a snowflakes background stamp and my Versamark pad on all of the card fronts.


This is how little waste I had left from cutting up the three sheets of scrapbook paper.


These are the images that were still left over after making 24 cards!! :)


Drum roll..........and here they are in sections of four. All are similar, yet different. I used Jet Black Stazon ink and a few stamps to give each one a little greeting on the fonts.





I hope this inspires you to find the time to make yourself some cards for this Christmas!! Remember, there are only 65 days left!!

7 comments:

Sandy said...

These are so cute!!! Great job :o)

Diann said...

Shelly, you did good girl...these are great and a great way to save on expensive Christmas cards...you sure got a lot for not much! Diann

Penny Duncan Creations said...

AWESOME job Shelly!!! I love them!!!

Angie Hall Haviland said...

FABULOUS!!!! So neat Shelly!

Wanda said...

Awesome Shelly!! Thank you for the tutorial! Your cards turned out BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Julie Ann said...

Oh Shelly, these are so cute! What a great idea, too! Thanks for sharing :)

Bonnie said...

I love them. Will have to "borrow" the idea from you