Welcome....

"...at its core....art is simply the language of the soul" -Robert Redford

Thanks for stopping by. Please enjoy your stay here. Have some Sweet Tea, grab a chair and sit a spell. Rekindle your SOUL, Embrace the ART and Believe your DREAMS. Stay as long as you like and come back soon. Friends are always welcome here.

Tuesday, September 29

My newest ART - stitchery for a friend....



We have very dear friends from Illinois coming to visit us today!! Yippee!! I haven't seen them since May and John hasn't seen them since we moved South. I wanted to make her something personalized. She is the head of my old ART group. We met at her house every Tuesday. Oh, how I dearly miss my Tuesdays with the girls. Her name is Hollie and she is know by reputation as "Hollie the Hugger." She loves to give hugs.....everyone is fair game!! :::smiles::: We lovingly refer to her place as "Hollie's House of Hugs". Hence the name you see on the piece. She lives in a lovely old white farm house. I pieced the stitchery together from several ideas and patterns I have seen and used a fun font called Tuna and Hot Dogs on Rye. I really like how it turned out and I hope she will too. It is easel backed so it can sit on the counter or be hung on the wall.









I have 5 more stitcheries ironed on and ready to go. They will be getting popped into my bag as we head to the beach this weekend. No way is the girl sitting in the car without something to keep her hands busy. :::Smiles::: Just sharing.....

7 comments:

Angie Hall Haviland said...

It's WONDERFUL!!! just BEAUTIFUL...Hollie will LOVE it!

Tammy D said...

Hollie's gonna cry. That is so adorable. Don't have too much fun. You know what I mean........youngish lady. We surely do miss you on Tuesdays!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelly....she will treasure that for sure!!!!! It's beautiful!!!!

Ink and Paper Creations said...

How thoughtful!!! As Tammy said - Hollie is gonna cry! I think of you every time I hear the "birds" sing at Hollies! See they are good for something!

Tammy D said...

You gotta miss those birds. I still think you need one of those clocks at your house too. ROFL

Julie Ann said...

So pretty!! Hollie's so lucky! :)

Diann said...

What a treasure for Hollie! She will go home with loads of hugs and much love in her heart! Please tell her hello for me! The stichery is wonderful! Diann